Monday, July 02, 2007

simplest pleasure in life

People say that some of us grow old and some of us grow up. In my case, I am both. Fortunately, my growing old is a forgiven behaviour and habits.

I recently realised that it was never about how much the gift cost. Yeah, yeah sure I often say its the thoughts that count. But do I really mean it? Do I? Emmmmmmm I wonder......

A friend bought me a key chain with my initial. A key chain that I often see, a key chain that I would never get for myself. But I treasure it. It put a smile on my face every time I look at it because it was bought with me in mind. He thought of me when he saw the key chain... He was not pressured into buying me a gift. It was at the spur of the moment, he saw, thought of me, bought it. I thought that was sweet. To begin with I was never close to this person but getting a simple gift from him, made me felt all of the sincerity he had.

Getting handmade accessories always, almost put me to tears. Spending hours to get the right custom made necklace for me, is something you will never ever forget. Never.

So, I received an ipod shuffle? Big Deal!!!! YES ITS A BIG DEAL!!!!! Ex partner in crime actually thought of me when she purchased one for herself.... It's truly not about how much the ipod cost but not seeing her as often as I wish, receiving anything from her is a big deal.... She thought of me... Yup, she did....

You see, it is really not about the price of the gift, getting thought about is the best gift ever. So be it rm14 or rm1400, it will always be about the thoughts and not the price tags... It's that simple. Or is it?


my current simplest pleasure in life, practising and act child like....

No comments: