Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stress vs unfriendly

He asked me why I looked stressed. I said that I was not stressed. He disagreed and was trying to convince me that I looked stressed. I said that maybe without realizing I do look stressed but honestly I was not stressed. Maybe the reason as to why I looked stressed was because I am not friendly. Not anymore.

He looked puzzled and asked me why. I said one can be friendly and nice but I have chosen to be nice but not friendly. I explained that it is sometimes not worth it being friendly to your colleagues especially when you can consider them as your subordinates. He said he understood. I hope he was telling me the truth.

Simon sent me an e mail today. It said "always keep people in your life that charge your battery, not those who will drain it"

Well my dear colleague who was concern of the look on my face, I wished I had read Simon's mail earlier. Maybe it would explained better.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul tu.... kekedang kita kasih kepada mereka yang tidak menghargai kasih kita. aku tau... aku sering buat begitu

Ross said...

Aiz

Maybe I am right or wrong...You memang friendly tahap CIPAN...hahahha

aiz said...

alah.... ross ni.... cipan tu apa?

Ross said...

Cipan tu macam ni...kalau kita ada good lepas tu ada better and the yg paling baik best...good, better, best; lepas tu cemerlang, gemilang and terbilang...tapi lepas tu terus hilang

Anonymous said...

If you are perceived to be aloof & unfriendly you can get the work done.And if you are friendly, work can be fun & still achieved results. Set the tone at work, let your subordinates know that NEVER take your frendliness as a sign of weakness. Draw the line for them, and if they ever dare crossing it..there's HELL to pay! So your conscience is clear.

It's so easy being friendly cause YOU ARE.Rather than being unfriendly person, that you are not. It's more tiring being unfriendly cause it's so pretentious

Me, on the other hand..doesn't give a f*** what people think about me. How contradictory..he!he!!

Just my 2 cents

aiz said...

darling H,

your 2 cents is not applicable to me anymore... because I am Really Not Friendly At work... only to those I knew and I choose to be friendly with.... I don't give a F*** to what other people think of me too, That is why I have chosen to be nice but not friendly...

you on the other hand, must be really friendly huh? after all you are merely a single male.... just my 2 cents.... ha ha ha...


ross,
thank you for explaining what tahap cipan is.... btw, i guess i am quite right if i were to say that your performance last nite were shockingly interesting and therefore you actually have reached the "TAHAP CIPAN".... Steady lah Ross!!!!! nasib baik gelap.......

Ross said...

Aiz

The performance mlm tadi was so-so aje...hang tak tengok lagi betapa aku ligat sampai boleh naik atas meja buat mini concert...itu dah "TAHAP DEWA"...quang quang...quang...(p/s: aku rasa mlm tadi mesti ada ingat aku ni sewel kan..hang tau la siapa kan...tapi kan counldnt careless la)

aiz said...

ROSS, SIAPA LA YG NAK INGAT HANG SEWEL? KALAU MCM TU DIA PUN MESTI INGAT KITA SEWEL GAK. DIA PUN SEWEL NYANYI DLM HUTAN.... HAHAHAHAHA....

MITTER K, YA LOR... KITA MESTI PI TGK DIA PUNYA TAHAP DEWA.... NAK KASI RATING... DEWA KA IDAK...

KESIAN CIPAN TU... MESTI BANYAK YG TERBATUK BATUK.... SORRY EH CIPAN...

Ross said...

KK...ada tanduk dua la dlm picture tu...

Biasala kan Aiz my most unfriendly friend ni yg buat aku hilang segala runsingan...Cipan pun kalah tau...

rainmaker said...

aiz, no new story ke?

aiz said...

got check lah