Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tarzan....

On my recent long trip, it tickled me to see the changes in all of us. Dayang used to shop for her clothes and shoes but that trip, I was dragged out of my bed to accompany her to buy a pair of shoes she saw a day before for her daughter. When the rest of us wanted to leave the mall, she asked us to proceed and without looking up she shouted "see you in the hotel room" while examining the skirt she wanted to buy for her daughter. Being with us 24/7 is no more important as compared to getting stuffs for her daughter.

We had a good laugh when Ita pointed out that going to the disco is not called "going to the disco" anymore, it's called "clubbing". Still, among us we still use the word disco. Like baju "disco", kasut "disco" and so on....

No matter what we try to adapt to the changes in us and the vocabs.... but nothing prepared me for this phone conversation between my choreographer and a mutual friend.

A friend of ours had partied hard and was unable to find his way home. Since he just had dinner with my choreographer, Cikgu Ain earlier, he was the only person that our friend could think of in order to help him home. So another sober, non driving friend called Cikgu Ain and tried to explain... "hello cikgu, can you help us. we can't go back. can you pick us up in Rum Jungle?"
It was at 6 am and Cikgu Ain responded "What? Jungle? where? ramp?".... and continued.... "what jungle in a ramp somewhere? where?" and finally he didn't even have to leave his bed. I guess upon hearing Cikgu Ain's VERY clueless answer, our sober, non driving friend knew it was useless... or shall I say Cikgu Ain is useless....

Yes, I had a good laugh... because even though I still call it "disco", I sure know what and where Rum Jungle is....

Oh dear Cikgu Ain, Jungle is not in a ramp somewhere... It's in K.L. and it's called Rum Jungle... I'll take you there one day k.....

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound old skool like I...

Have you been to the Rum Jungle when it was at the previous site? An African ensemble called Kilimanjaro played excellent music when I went there.

I bet you don't know where Club Oz was though...

aiz said...

club oz kat shang ke? it was before scandal was hip rite? in the late 80s... hahahahahaha lawak giler!

Anonymous said...

Club Oz was THE place while Tin Mine was filled by yuppie-wannabes yang bulu baru nak tumbuh. Hahahaha!

aiz said...

hey!!!! i used to hang out in tin mine and adjourn to dv8 tau!!!! hahahahaha me? yuppie wannabe??? emmmmmmm, most ppl say i dun change so i guess i wasn't then la... hahahahahaha