Wednesday, June 04, 2008

as quickly as he came into our lives

The passing of Troy was very tragic that it made Din cry. I've never seen him cried like that before. He cried after he buried Troy and in the middle of the night he cried again.. He kept on repeating that he should have closed the gate, which he normally would. The thing is before he left he saw Troy on the table and said to himself, ok Troy I'm gonna lock you up when Aiz and I are having dinner. But when he came back, there was no Troy to lock.

It breaks my heart every time I see tears rolling down his cheek from his big eyes. Eyes that reminded me of Troy's. Those big eyes that refused to shut when he died.
"his eyes were big, yang... and I just couldn't close them.." Din said as he was crying softly.

Dinner was dull without Troy's plea for human food. It might sound silly to some but Troy was truly an amazing cat. Despite having 5 other cats, the house is really quiet today.

What touched me the most was this other "i don't give a damn about anything" stray who actually came up to our bedroom and was trying to snuggle with Din... which he never did to anyone. As if he could sense Din's misery.

This morning Din cried again and my hand did not suffer the cramp which Troy usually give when he rest his head on it all through the night. There were no big eyes looking at me while I did my laundry. Right now, as I am writing this, there is no more cat to shoo for disturbing me.

It feels empty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I'm almost in tears myself. And to think that it has been 31 years since my Foxy died.

Foxy was my only friend when I lived in that gilded cage near Tasik Perdana. Every morning he'd run and catch and bite my leg when I jog around the field at home. Every night he would sleep next to me on my pillow, often pushing my face away when I took up so much space.

For a week I cried non-stop when I learnt of his death. And I can feel Din's pain...as I can still feel mine.

I can never bring myself to have another pet ever.

I share your grief as my tears roll down my cheeks while writing this.

aiz said...

sd, we thank you. it truly feels empty.

rainmaker said...

my condolences and thoughts are with you,..aiz,din

Unknown said...

troy dearie,
rest in peace.

luv,
uncle husni

wanshana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Troy...

Just to share with you, my sis and her family also lost their cat a few months back.

Abu @ Lembu (that was the cat's name) was attacked by 7 stray dogs during the night and when my sister found him the next day, he was already dead, right in front of the gate. He must have had tried to climb up but just too traumatized or badly injured then...

The 7 dogs had been seen around the area for quite some time before that, and reports to MPAJ were made about them by concerned and worried neighbours, but no actions were taken to catch them.

My sis cried for a week after that. They now have another cat they call "Awang @ Beruang", but, Abu is never forgotten.

Even though Abu was not my cat, I miss him, too. So, I can imagine just how much you and Din are missing Troy now.

My condolences :(

aiz said...

thank you all....