Friday, February 01, 2008

sunshine or rain

When Docci told me she was back, I was excited. Her last visit was very brief. Her happiness was just a stone's throw. This could change her life.
Then I found out that she walked out of the relationship. She was devastated. As always, I was there.... all ears. But when I found out that her actual 7 day visit was to get engaged, I was taken aback. I am 'not important enough' friend for her to share the supposedly happy news with me. I sent her off to the airport and we joked about the whole thing that had transpired the whole week. I saw her smile and I know she was gonna be okey. I? I was still hurt about being the 'not important enough' friend.

Syed stopped calling for a bit. His text messages were not as often as it used to be. Not that I mind. I of all person should understand what life is when one is in love. I am a great lover myself but just a week earlier, Syed called to share his predicaments. He left his girlfriend. I was all ears....

Bunny cried when she called. Her boyfriend wanted a break. I was all ears.... In less than a week, they patched up. I was no more in the picture.

Zam called me once. Siti had made the same phone call. So did Abu, Lat, Leez, George, Rorry, Kelly, Pete and so many others. As usual the pattern was the same. I never hear from them again until their next predicaments.

Last night, I was furious about the whole thing. Being very upset with Docci made me recall all the similiar phone calls I received. But as I was about to sleep, I thought about it again and over again. I woke up with a smile.

Well, at least they know they can count on me. At least they know that I will be there no matter what. They know that I am indeed a friend in need.

So people, Sunshine or rain, I'll be there....
and that's a DEFINITE.

No comments: