Thursday, July 19, 2007

my shattered dreams (part i)

"Mak, mak, do you think you can enroll me in the piano class?"
"No, we can't afford it"

"Mak, mak do you think you can send me for ballet lessons?"
"No, we can't afford it"

As a child, these two questions were often being asked by me to my mother. It had always been NO though everyone realised the talents I have. Since primary school, I was active performing at any concerts held by the school. When I went to secondary, I was also active. Only this time, acting was included. Acting comes naturally for me as the whole lot of my siblings are very animated. I was once offered by SBC to do a programme with them but since I was still in school, headmistress thought it would not be the best for me. My dream of becoming a performer shattered...

I love acting but it requires a lot of concentration and it can sometimes be tedious. So, I prefer dancing. I always end up with my jaw on my chest whenever I see dancers performing. Their talents of wearing heels to dance never fail to impress me more. Their grace movements always make it impossible to communicate with me. Their endless smiles are always contagious. The perfect body they have, makes me wanna lose my lunch after looking at mine.
In short I adore them as they are living my dreams.

five, six, seven, eight. one two three four five six seven eight. two two three four five six seven eight. three two three four five six seven eight. That is my favourite way of counting. Counting the steps in a dance movement. to be cont.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh~

aiz said...

mous, tell me about it.....

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

People non judgemental like cats.. I like that.. (but life of cat interesting too no??)

Sherry.

aiz said...

Sherry, actually ya lah.... OMG, got to change that one!!!! just look at fatty thebo...he's having the time of his life rite now!!!! tsk!tsk!tsk!